Your business advocate.
The Mesa Business Connect program provides Mesa's existing businesses with the tools and services they need to grow and thrive. Our Business Connect Project Manager works to connect companies with the many available resources and serves as a liaison between companies and City departments.
Some of the services, resources, and connections our Business Connect Manager can provide include:
- Economic Development Incentives
- Workforce Development
- Demographic Information
- Location Assistance/Site Selection
- Navigation among City Departments
- Small Business Development
Below are some digital resources that you might find useful.
MESA BUSINESS RESOURCE GUIDE
The Mesa Business Resource Guide provides steps, resources, and contacts for expanding and running a business in Mesa.
- Get the complete Mesa Business Resource Guide [PDF]
The Mesa Business Connect Manager has access to a variety of resources to assist you in finding the perfect location to grow your business. Whether you are looking to lease or purchase, just give us a call and we will help you find the perfect site.
INCENTIVE PROGRAMS & FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
Our programs include assistance such as the Arizona Innovation Challenge, Small Business Services, Arizona Innovation Accelerator Fund, and incentive programs such as the Angel Investment Tax Credit, R&D Tax Credit, and Job Training Grants.
- State & Local Incentive Programs
- Mesa Business Export Assistance Program
- Neighborhood Economic Development Corporation (NEDCO)
- Arizona Small Business Administration
- Maricopa County Industrial Development Authority
- Arizona Multi Bank Community Development Corporation
- Mesa Population & Demographics
- Mesa SizeUp: Mesa's Market Analysis Tool
- Mesa's Active Developments Map
- Planning and Zoning Map
- Mesa Chamber of Commerce
- Downtown Mesa Association
- Mesa Neighborhood Outreach Office
- Arizona Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP)
PERMITTING & ZONING
- Planning & Zoning – Is my business allowed in a specific location? Are there specific design standards I need to follow?
- Commercial Construction – How do I determine what permits I need?
- Utility Permits/Service – Does my business have City of Mesa utility and service line needs?
LICENSING & TAXES
- City of Mesa Licensing Office
- City of Mesa Tax Audit & Collection Department
- Maricopa County Treasurer’s Office
- State of Arizona Department of Revenue