Arizona is ranked #1 for Aerospace Manufacturing Attractiveness according to PWC 2016.
With a 35-square-mile developing aerotropolis surrounding Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport and the advanced aerospace and defense manufacturing district surrounding Falcon Field Airport, Mesa has become an ideal location for international aerospace, aviation, and defense companies. Mesa companies have significant access to an abundant, highly-skilled workforce and one of the nation’s strongest aerospace/defense clusters, it is no wonder companies such as Boeing, Textron, Northrop Grumman, Nammo Talley, and MD Helicopters have major operations in Mesa.
STRONG AEROSPACE / DEFENSE CLUSTER
- 1,860 Aerospace Companies
- 54,112 Employees
- 2nd largest employment in Space and Defense Systems Manufacturing
- 4th largest employment in Aviation and Aerospace Manufacturing
- $3.9B in total A&D exports*
- $11.8B in federal contracts*
LOW TAXES, BUSINESS FRIENDLY, & INCENTIVES
With a simplified tax system, you will lower your cost of doing business.
- Corporate and individual tax rates among lowest in the nation
- No franchise tax, no business inventory tax, and no estate tax.
- Mesa Foreign Trade Zone #221
- Military Reuse Zone
ASU is consistently ranked in the top 40 engineering programs in the country. Arizona's major institutions have been provided NASA Space Grants: ASU, Embry Riddle University, Northern Arizona University, and University of Arizona.
Arizona's numerous aerospace and aeronautical engineering programs including U.S. News and World Reports #1 rated Embry-Riddle Engineering program.*
- ASU’s Polytechnic School
- Air Transportation Management
- Unmanned Aerial Systems
- Professional Flight
- Aerospace Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Chandler-Gilbert Community College
- Aircraft Maintenance Technology
- East Valley Institute of Technology
- UND, School of Aerospace Sciences
- Phoenix Flight Training Center
IN GOOD COMPANY
There are 1,200+ aerospace & defense companies in Arizona with many of the world's top companies in Mesa.
- The Boeing Company
- Cessna, a Textron company
- Northrop Grumman (Orbital ATK)
- Nammo Talley
- L3 Communications
- Able Aerospace Services, a Textron company
- Lockeed Martin
- Allegiant Air
- MD Helicopters
- CAE Oxford Aviation Academy
Mesa boasts two airports: Mesa Falcon Field Airport and Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport. Each offers a diverse portfolio of aerospace, defense, aviation and other high-tech industries, plus the operations to support those such as MRO, cargo and R&D activities. In addition, the Phoenix area is home to Sky Harbor International Airport, the 9th largest airport in the U.S. with over 1,200 daily flights.