AvailableRealEstatePage-MPS building

Available Properties

The Office of Economic Development (Mesa OED) maintains a large database of available properties in the City of Mesa. Mesa OED staff is available to assist you in finding the perfect location for your business. Whether you are looking to lease or purchase, just give us a call and we will help you find the perfect site.


The City of Mesa owns many acres of land, new development sites, redevelopment sites, and many buildings in the City that are available for development.

Featured Property - South Center Campus

  • 200 S. Center St.
  • 90,430 SF in four buildings
  • 15-acre campus
  • Ideal for healthcare, education, or office use


Mesa Real Estate Snapshot
(Third Quarter 2018)
Space Type Average Rent
Available Space
 Class A Office $24.10 / SF 156,823SF
 General Office $20.28 / SF 1,473,638 SF
 Flex Space $11.15 / SF 287,741 SF
 General Industrial $8.34 / SF 1,310,794 SF
 Source: CoStar, 2018


This guide identifies some important questions new businesses should be asking prior to purchasing or leasing space. This guide is not to be considered a comprehensive list of all city codes, regulation or policies that may be part of individual site locations.

Important Questions for the Planning Division

  • What is the Zoning on the property?
  • Is my use permitted in the Zoning District?
  • Is the property vacant?
  • If vacant, is there an approved site plan on file that must be followed for development?
  • What planning related procedures must be completed for my business to be located at this site?
  • Is the site I'm considering non-conforming to current site development codes?
  • Will my business at the existing location invoke current site development codes due to a change in use of the property or change in occupancy?
  • If so, what will the requirements be and what is the process I must follow?
  • I'm planning to some building and facade renovation, are site plan modifications and design review needed?
  • I want to create a separate tract on the property for my business, what are the requirements to divide the property and create a new lot?
  • Am I doing any work that would require a permit?

Important Questions for the Building Safety Division

  • What is my occupancy classification?
  • What was the previous business operation at this site and what occupancy classification was held by that business?
  • Does my business change the use or occupancy classification and invoke full building, fire and civil code requirements?
  • Do I need construction plans and if so, do they need to be prepared by an Arizona registrant?
  • Do I need any clearances from the county or state to obtain a city permit?
  • Do I need to use a licensed contractor for the work being proposed?
  • Does this site have any special utility, street or engineering fees that must be paid upon development?
  • What are permit and impact fees and how can I obtain a City of Mesa Building Safety fee schedule
  • Do I need an Occupancy Verification Permit if I am not doing any work to the site or building?
  • What do I need to do if I plan to store and/or use hazardous materials?
  • What do I need to do if I plan to utilize high-piled storage (i.e. over 12 feet)?

Planning Division
Contact the Planning Division to verify the property you are interested in is properly zoned and that you will be allowed to operate your business there. Planning can help you verify if you will be required to make any on-site improvements to bring the property up to current code prior to occupying the building, help verify parking requirements and discuss signage options for your business.

Development Services
Contact the Development Services Department to obtain information on how to start and complete construction projects. The Development Services Department can provide cost-saving tips on how to expand or modify your building.

Tax & Licensing
Contact the Tax & Licensing Department to determine the type of regulatory licenses you will need to operate your business and to help ensure your business is in compliance with Transaction Privilege Tax, Use Tax and Transient Occupancy Tax.